Informed Scotland is a monthly intelligence digest of Scottish learning and skills. It provides a comprehensive update of the key issues, policy, developments and changes in business, education, government and the wider community. It enables busy people to be well briefed about the issues that matter.
View or download Informed Scotland 41 May 2016 (pdf) free of charge.
Angela was interviewed about Informed Scotland for Radio EDUtalk – listen here.
What’s special about Informed Scotland?
- It gathers information together in one place and organises it in an accessible format.
- It makes connections across the issues.
- It highlights emerging patterns and themes.
- It provides intelligent summaries without political or sectoral bias.
- It draws from source documents wherever possible.
“Informed Scotland is really good. So helpful having such key information in the one place!”
– Kenneth Muir, Chief Executive, General Teaching Council for Scotland
“It is an excellent publication and this is a great and highly relevant edition.”
– David Cameron, education consultant & Head of Careers Management, Skills Development Scotland
“The publication is excellent. I picked up several developments of which I had been previously unaware and having the direct links made it easy to get more information if I needed it. The layout also helped me to quickly retrieve information which was directly relevant to education/the school and to have an overview of related issues beyond this. I think every headteacher should have access.”
– Secondary headteacher
Who is Informed Scotland for?
Anyone interested in learning and skills, from the worlds of:
- business and industry
- formal and informal education, from pre-school to adult and community learning
- training, professional development and recruitment
- local and national government
- the voluntary sector.
The curriculum and qualifications; the economy and business confidence; employment; apprenticeships; skills gaps and shortages; professional development; career information and guidance developments; enterprise and entrepreneurship; knowledge exchange; funding…
How to subscribe
There are ten issues per year including double issues for July/August and December/January. It is published electronically at the beginning of the month. Subscribers receive their copies direct via email.
Subscribers also receive occasional Special themed editions at no extra cost. The annual Organisations & People Special has been described as “worth the subscription itself!” by Bright Writing’s Sue Moody, and “a really useful list” by Dr Jenny Rees, former Vice-Principal, Edinburgh Napier University.
|Medium/large business: 50+ employees||
|Small business: <50 employees||
|Concession: Retirees; students; interns; non-salaried board members||
Informed Scotland was designed by Mamook Graphics.
Are you interested in learning and skills across the UK?
Our sister publication UK Digest, produced by Elaine Hendry at emh connect, is also available on subscription. You can download a free edition here or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.